The theme of 2015 Unity of World Day of Prayer is "Pray Up Your Life, Pray Up the World."
The affirmation is: "As I pray, I connect my highest thoughts with my deepest faith."
Unity of Auburn is offering several ways for you to celebrate World Day of Prayer this year.
1) Chaplain Emeritus, Marra P. Swan will be providing sign-ups for your commitment to pray during Thursday, Sept. 10 at a particular time. Look for these at Unity Central.
2) A World Day of Prayer Box will also be at Unity Central for you to fill out prayer sheets that will be mailed to Silent Unity for the Sept. 10 celebration there. These sheets need to be completed by Monday, Sept. 6th in order for them to arrive in time for the Unity Village service. Your prayer intentions will be held in prayer at Silent Unity for a month.
3) Join your Chaplains for a special service on Sunday, Sept. 6th celebrating World Day of Prayer and an exploration of the Unity of Auburn Chaplains' prayer format.
4) Find a Prayer Partner to pray with on Thursday, Sept. 10th. This could be the beginning of a weekly practice together.
5) Go on-line to view the World Day of Prayer Celebration from Unity Village @ www.worlddayofprayer.org. Invite family and friends to view the website, too. There's a mobile prayer app from Silent Unity called "u Pray. For more information on u Pray, visit: www.silentunity.org/app.
From the Daily Word for Aug. 12th:"I bless others with my prayers....Regardless of circumstances, I surround others with love and light. Together we may laugh and we may cry. Through it all, we give thanks for God expressing in and as our lives."
Please take advantage of one or all of these opportunities to, "Pray up your life, Pray up the World."
Gratefully, Lynne Laney