Finding Yourself In Transition by Robert Brumet
Everything Must Change by Brian McLaren
We Are Living In Deep Shift:
- A time of transition
- A time for asking new questions
and seeking answers
that are both new and old
fresh and seasoned
surprising and familiar
- Transition is a natural process.
- Modern culture with its mechanistic paradigm is less in tune with natural processes.
- We cause suffering when we try to handle change in a mechanical way.
- Once we make the shift in consciousness that sees change as a natural part of life, we live a fuller and more fulfilling life.
- Fear of change is similar to fear of death or the unknown.
- Change can also be seen and experienced as an opportunity for accelerated growth and learning.
- Transition may be uncomfortable but is always meaningful.
- All transitions proceed through three phases:
- The ending
- The Void
- The New Beginning
- The new beginning is always enticing but we must not shortcut the first two phases.
- In the process of transition, we cannot always see what lies ahead but if we learn new cues and trust the process, we can complete journey safely.