How a Terrorist Thinks:
“The modern world will not make room for my sacred beliefs, and therefore I am going to blow up that world every chance I get, in God’s name and with His blessings. Those whom I kill have, in every way, brought this on themselves, which is why my acts are not murder, not wrong and not punishable.”
Ken Wilber Integral Spirituality
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”
Carl Sagan The Demon Haunted World
- It starts with CNS, individual and then collective.
- The first step is self awareness.
- The first authority that we question is within us.
- What is it I claim to know with certainty?
- Is it really knowledge or is it part of some ideology that I’ve been immersed in since childhood?
- Am I really thinking for myself or am I just repeating things I’ve been told to think by others?
- Have I been manipulated or bamboozled by one of those charlatans Carl Sagan was talking about?
Part of our positive message in Unity is that we can resist and reverse that kind of thinking if we are willing to practice what we preach and remember that it all begins with me, what I think and what I do in the world.