Happy Birthdays to Our Unity Co-founders!
Five Basic Unity Principles as Originally Stated:
1. God is absolute good, everywhere present.
2. Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
3. Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
4. Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good.
5. Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the Truth that he or she knows.
Important Distinction: Principles, not Catechism, Creed or Statement of Faith
Second Principle as Stated at Unity of Auburn in Realtion to the First Principle:
1. God is the source and essence of all that is
2. Then God as source and essence of all that is means that human beings are expressions of God
Modern Validation For Our Second Principle:
“Natural selection has shaped our lives as social animals, guiding the evolution of what I call a “social suite” of features priming our capacity for love, friendship, cooperation, learning, and even our ability to recognize the uniqueness of other individuals.”
“Genes affect not only the structure and function of our bodies; not only the structure and function of our minds and, hence, our behaviors; but also the structure and function of our societies. This is what we recognize when we look at people around the world. This is the source of our common humanity.” Blueprint (p. xxi).